Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 20, 2018

April Nature Seekers 4 H Meeting

We had not had a 4 H meeting since February.  I felt really bad about skipping March, but we had other 4 H things going on and with our other activities and spring break I just could not squeeze it in.  I had planned on having one earlier in April but I wanted to meet at the park and the weather would not cooperate.  So we finally had our meeting yesterday.

Our meeting topic was bees.  I had been sent a kit with the supplies to build a bee house with some information on bees and beekeeping. To add to that I found a cute craft using clay pots to make a bee hive with a bee flying around it.  Another mom had enough beeswax and wicks left over from another project for each of the children to make beeswax tea candles.









It was a fun meeting and I am planning another one in a few weeks.  The children gave me several ideas of things they would like to do at future meetings and we will do as many of them as we can.

No comments: