Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Our Week in Review (January 1st-7th)

My husband had to go back to work on Tuesday, but we did not start back to school this week.  I had intended on getting some extra cleaning done, but other then putting away the Christmas decorations and regular cleaning chores we didn't do much else in the way of cleaning.  We had a pretty boring, mostly relaxing kind of week.  I did spend quite a bit of time on the computer helping the children work on their 4 H record books that are due in a few weeks. 2 are completely finished. 2 are a work in progress, and the girls do not have to be completed until February so I am not at all worried about those.

The cold temps continued this week.  Tuesday morning when I went out before the children got up to check on the animals and thaw their water, it was 11 degrees.  I do wish if it had to be so cold that the children could have seen some snow, but maybe we still will get some this year.

Liam and Chelsea came to visit and he was bundled up in coat, boots, hat, and mittens.  He has learned to pull himself up so look at world!



Wednesday the girls and I went to sign up for their ballet lessons!  We are very excited about this!  A brand new studio just opened not far from my house.  When I heard about it at the end of summer I contacted the teacher asking about ballet.  She told me she planned on having a beginning ballet class in the spring semester.  When she did her registration in December I went and put Emmie on a waiting list to see if there would be enough interest.  Emmie has wanted to do ballet forever and I really wanted my girls to be able to take dance.  The instructor contacted me Tuesday to tell me she had enough little girls (4 so far) for a class and to come in and sign up.  Lily asked if she could take ballet too so they both will be in the same class starting on February 1st.  I hope they love it!!

Thursday Lily had piano lessons.  She is already halfway finished with her beginner books.


We started putting decorations away on Friday.  This is the longest I have ever left our tree up.  Usually they start dropping needles everywhere and I have to take it down, but this one didn't so we left it up.  The tree was so big, Alex had to use bolt cutters to take off some branches to be able to get it out the door!  Un-decorating is never as much fun as decorating, but we got everything cleaned up and put away by Saturday.







Saturday was my birthday.  My children made me cards and baked me a cake.  My sweet husband bought me a pretty necklace that I had admired ( I broke my necklace Christmas day), and he also got me an 8 quart Instant Pot!  I really, really wanted one of these and I hope I love it as much as the other people that I know that have one. 






We went out to eat so I wouldn't have to cook (that was the children's idea.)  Chelsea and Liam were able to join us and brought me a cute candy vase that Chelsea made.


Today I am getting ready to start back to school tomorrow!

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: