Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Homeschool Crew Review: The Pencil Grip, Inc.

The Pencil Grip, Inc.

The Pencil Grip, Inc. has a variety of products including pencil grips. Kwik Stix and Thin Stix paint sticks, fidgets, plus a variety of school and office supplies.  We recently has an opportunity to use and review The Ultra Safe Safety Scissors and The 3 Step Pencil Grip Training Kit.


The Ultra Safe Safety Scissors

The Ultra Safe Safety Scissors is recommended for ages 3 and up.  It is a sharp scissor that cuts easily through paper but has a permanent plastic safety shield that protects children from harming themselves.  You can purchase the scissors for $4.00.


 My youngest child is 6 and has no problem cutting or using scissors.  If you have a very young child though that is just starting to use scissors or needs help with learning how to cut paper, you may need to try The Ultra Safe Safety Scissors.  The blade is very sharp and can easily cut through paper. It did feel a little strange in my hand because I am not used to cutting scissors with a shield and it required a little more pressure to make the scissors cut when the spring is set.

      
The 3 Step Pencil Grip Training Kit

The Three Step Pencil Training Grip Training Kit contains 3 different pencil grips: The Crossover Grip, The Pinch Grip, and The Pencil Grip.  Start with The Crossover Grip for training children in proper finger positioning.  Next move on to the Pinch Grip is used for transitioning and graduate to The Pencil Grip.  You can purchase this set for $8.81.


We first we introduced to The Pencil Grip, Inc. a few years ago when the company contacted me to review their Kwik Stix paint sticks.  We loved the paint sticks!  My children had so much fun creating mess free art with them.  When they arrived, they also sent me a Pencil Grip.  My son had terrible, illegible handwriting, so I had him use the pencil grip on his pens when he was working on his school work.  His handwriting improved greatly! He still uses that Pencil Grip to do his work, and he has the best handwriting out of all of my children.  When this pack of Pencil Grips came, I gave the Crossover Grip to my youngest child, the Crossover Grip to my 8 year old, and The Pencil Grip to my 12 year old who used to have very nice handwriting but has started to become very lazy in his writing.  They all like using the grips.  We can use them on pens or pencils (we prefer to write using pens.)  I think these grips are a great way to teach children to hold their writing utensils properly or to break bad habits that they may have developed over the years.


In a few weeks, we will be doing another review for The Pencil Grip, Inc.  I just got a package in the mail from them for their Thin Stix Creativity Pack.  We loved Thin Stix and were excited to see the variety of colors in this pack!

To see what my Crew Mates had to say, stop by the Crew Blog!

    

No comments: